Minimum Disruption & Easiest Way To Increase Your Home
If you have large or growing family and need an extra an suite bedroom or playroom or you may need a office for your new business?
london construct ltd , based in SE London, will convert in to habitable room that add value to your property
Stairs are essential & very important element of interior decoration.Their appearance is affected not only design feature but also the choice of materials,colour & many details such as handrails, balusters and posts, shape degrees & cross-section. Just for our clients.
Permitted development. Majority of attic spaces can be converted into extra rooms without planning permission – under permitted development:Your loft conversion must meet building
regulations and may, in some circumstances, require planning permission.
- extra space added to the property should not exceed 40 cubic meters on terraced houses and 50 cubic meters on detached and semi detached properties;
- loft roof should not exceed the height of the existing front facing roof elevation;
- materials used for finishing the dormer should match the appearance of the existing rear elevation;
- freehold top flat attic can only be converted within the existing space (dormer construction would require planning permission)
- side facing windows should be obscure glazed and 1.7 meters above the finished floor;
- no verandas, balconies are allowed – only so called juliet balconies;
- roof extensions should be set back at least 20 cm away from eaves – this does not apply to hip to gable loft conversions;
- loft conversions are not allowed under permitted development in conservation areas.
Once the plans are drawn up, structural calculations carried out, building control approval received and party wall award is in place, construction can begin. Firstly, scaffolding is erected and access hole in the front roof is made. Normally we leave up to you to choose all the finishes and equipment – we are happy though to assist you in selecting and sourcing those.
Loft room is often the coziest room in the house – that’s mainly because of the skylights and sloping ceilings. This is a space where you can retreat, relax after busy day. Building process is not too massively disturbing and it is faster than building an extension.